MarkCity

Wednesday, October 19, 2005
 
I decided to bring the iBook to Florida after all.

Miami is sticky, sweaty and pretty sleazy, with lunatic panhandlers roaming the streets and the most astonishing humidity this side of Tokyo. It was raining when we arrived yesterday, and this wasn't just a shower but a goddamn cloudburst.

Still, I'm sure Hurricane Wilma will clear the air. Yes, that's right. A record-breaking storm, the strongest ever recorded in the Atlantic, is heading our way, due to hit at the weekend (probably during the wedding, or while we're cruising merrily down the Gulf of Mexico). My God. The Florida Keys have been evacuated. The alligators in the Everglades have packed their crocodile handbags. I will, of course, keep you posted.

Let's hope my next headline won't be 'Florida really blew me away'.