MarkCity

Tuesday, October 05, 2004
 
You'll be pleased - unless you're a sadist, in which case you'll be disappointed - to hear that I'm in a lot less pain now. I'm off the drugs (bye bye glamour) and feeling almost normal. Apart from still being stuck indoors. I could get down the stairs but can't get back up unless I have someone with me to carry my crutches. Perhaps I could hire a sherpa. There's a Himalayan restaurant down the road - they might be able to tell me where to find one. Also, getting up the stairs is pretty exhausting, which is why I haven't been out since I went to the hospital. But I'm planning to go out for a hobble this weekend.

Thick stuck-indoors-ness means I have very little to blog about. All I'm doing is watching films and reading. So far this week I've seen Goodbye Lenin (a funny German film; no that's not an oxymoron), The Third Man, LA Confidential, Bully and Shaun of the Dead, which is the best zom-rom-com I've ever seen. I bought a book called 1001 Films You Must See Before You Die and am working my way through it.

A work friend of mine went to see Lionel Ritchie the other day. While looking for Lionel references with which to mock her, I came across this very funny page - A guide to making your own Hello-video head.



My latest review, of Thirteen Senses, is on Stylus now. I tried to write a good review for a change. They're much harder.