MarkCity

Sunday, September 14, 2003
 
Sigh... our week off is almost over, but it's been wonderful having some time to chill out for a little while. Got some writing done, got loads of sleeping done, spent a good deal of quality time with Butter and the rats. We've also booked a short trip to New York for my birthday in November. We're going with Kuwait Airways. No booze. Hopefully no crashing, either. The lowlight of this week was going to do the doctor with my bad back - I've got a dodgy coccyx. At least that's what I think it is, anyway. I can't sit on anything soft. The doctor, who was clearly newly-qualified, seemed quite baffled. She made me drop my trousers and had a poke around then made me have a blood test 'just in case'. So I'll probably be dead before my birthday, anyway.

He joked.

Last night, while I was at the v trendy Bed Bar near Smithfield Market, Syd chewed through the telephone wire, meaning that we had to buy a new phone today. It cost more than she did. She has also learned to scale the dragon tree. She is SO naughty. We had tears on Friday night because we thought she'd escaped through a hole in the bathroom wall. Luckily, she was just hiding under the bed. Nancy hasn't really done anything to report. She's the straight rat to Syd's clown.