MarkCity

Thursday, September 04, 2003
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUTTER!

Today, Butter turned 30. The big three zero. Ah, I remember it well... We've just returned from Hatton Garden in London, where we went diamond shopping. No, not diamond rings - don't get excited, mum. A pair of platinum diamond earrings. They sparkle and shine like... er, like diamonds. My girlfriend is lying on the bed gazing at them as I type this. I think that stuff about diamonds being girls' best friends is scarily true.

We went to Madame Tussauds because I wanted to try out the Simon Cowell Pop Idol exhibit - but it's £17.99 to get in! F*** that.

Rat watch: Syd and Nancy are now free to scamper and scurry around our living room. Syd enjoys digging in the plant pot and spraying dirt everywhere. Nancy prefers to hide behind the bookcase. For hours. Even the rustle of the choc drops packed cannot tempt her out. After it got past our bedtime, there was only one course of action: I had to remove EVERY book from the bookcase, pull the bookcase out from the wall and retrieve the very naughty rat. Here is a shot of the devastation:



We're heading oop north tomorrow to visit the Butterfamily, so this will be the last post for a few days. My sister is going to be ratsitting while we're away. It's a very important job.