MarkCity

Thursday, February 06, 2003
 


This is the new Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP. I want one. However, it will only work with games bought in Japan so will be useless in England. This is the kind of thing that really irritates me: like DVDs. Why do there have to be loads of different regions? Imagine if they did it with CDs. Anyway, Japan and the UK are both region 2, so I don't have to get too annoyed about that, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to bring back a shiny new GBA from Nintendo-land? Huh.

A new teacher started at our school on Saturday. He quit on Monday. The trouble was that, unlike the rest of us, he's a real teacher, with classroom experience and a proper educational qualification and everything. So he's gone back to the States to continue as a real teacher.

My friend Tamara told me a bizarre story about two of her Japanese friends today. They took a photo of themselves having sex, but so their faces weren't visible. They then went to the local convenience store and sellotaped the picture to the forehead of a dog that was tied up outside, along with a note which read, 'This is what you want.' After that, they hid and watched the dog's owner freak out.

And while we're on the subject of body parts and Japanese, ahem, eccentricities, my sister sent me this picture:




I've never seen them in Japan. But rest assured, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.