MarkCity

Saturday, January 07, 2006
 
So I promised you a big New Year announcement, and here it is: Butter is pregnant. Yep, the Butterbird is expecting a Butterchick. We had the 13-week scan this week, which was quite frankly mind-blowing - you could see it's arms and legs and heart beating and everything. It's weird, because Butter isn't showing at all yet and hasn't had any morning sickness so it's hard to believe, even after the scan, that there's anything in there.

The most common question I've been asked when telling people is 'Was it planned?' Yes, it was. It just happened a lot faster than I thought. About a month. Nice to know I wasn't wasting all that money I spent on condoms through the years. The baby is due on July 10th, one day after the World Cup Final, so I've warned Butter that she's not allowed to give birth on the 9th (which means she probably well) and that if England win the baby is going to be called Rooney. Or Roonetta. Luckily Butter never listens to me.

Anyway, it's all very exciting and scary and daunting and I've already had a few sleepless nights, getting into practice for later this year. I'm also planning to learn to drive, which is also very scary. Perhaps even scarier for the drivers of Tunbridge Wells than for me. So expect lots of tales of comedy driving lesson mishaps and antenatal adventures over the next few months.