MarkCity

Sunday, January 22, 2006
 
I had my first driving lesson yesterday morning, and it pretty much passed without incident. OK, at one point I mounted the kerb, but didn't kill any kids or cats, and I kept getting the brake and accelerator mixed up. But apart from that, it was cool. It felt surreal actually being in control of a car. Well, dual control. The instructor said that I have good clutch control but poor steering. I'm trying to work out if this is some kind of metaphor. My next lesson is Wednesday morning, before work. Hopefully by summer I'll be cruising up and down Hastings seafront, top down, blasting out anthems with the other boy racers. Or rather, I'll be carting a baby and about a million nappies around.

I'm very excited because the Arctic Monkeys album is out tomorrow. Even though I've got 6 or 7 of the tracks already, thanks to their online generosity, I can't wait. I've also just bought tickets to go and see the almighty Morrissey at the London Palladium in May. Morrissey is the closest thing we have to a living deity. Perhaps we could call the baby Morrissey. I just suggested this to Butter and she didn't look too horrified.

I'm writing this on my new iBook, as paid for by the insurance company. It's a thing of beauty. I'm slightly paranoid about the burglars coming back and want to carry it with me everywhere. Hopefully the burglars don't read this blog.