MarkCity

Sunday, February 13, 2005
 
Butter just said, incredulously, "You haven't blogged since the 30th January?" Well, I've been too busy trying to get onto the property ladder. We've had an offer accepted on a house and we're now trying to sort out the finance (ie, voluntarily shackle ourselves with a humongous lifelong debt). But I don't want to write about it too much in case I jinx us.

Anyway, this house-buying stuff does take over your life, so I haven't done much else this month. I think I've got the end-of-winter blues, when the season feels like it's gone on longer than the last ice age and all you crave is to feel the sun again. I've also got injured-knee blues. I've been going to the gym again, trying to pump up my quads - or whatever - but the damn thing is taking forever to recover. I still can't run, although it might be a mental block. Perhaps if I was being chased down the street by a polar bear I could do it. But I'm convinced that if i try to do anything other than walk slowly I'll pitch over and break my other knee.



I cheered myself up by buying myself a vinyl Ice Bat Uglydoll to go with the Target I got for Christmas. They now sit on my desk at work, adding gravitas to my workspace. Everyone who passes says, "What are they?" "They're Uglydolls," I reply. "Oh," they say.