MarkCity

Sunday, April 11, 2004
 
Wednesday night was my company's annual quiz 'event', and although I hate to show off I'm afraid I'm going to have to, well, show off. My team - me and Mike - romped to victory. This is not because we're clever, but because we both spend most of our youths being obsessive about pop music. We were languishing in last place after the general knowledge and film rounds. Then came the music round, when we played our joker, and shot from last to first, managing to hang on until the end, when we won by half a point. I confess that by this point my competitive streak had revealed itself, and if we hadn't won I would have been parrot-sick. Instead I was over the moon.

The bottle of champers is in my fridge now and Butter keeps threatening to quaff it, although half of it belongs to Mike. So, Mike, if I end up bringing in an empty bottle, it's not my fault...

This will be my last post before we head to California. We hit Vegas on Tuesday, then on to San Francisco, Carmel, San Luis Obispo, LA and finally San Diego. We're, like, stoked to the max, dude. As they used to say in the 80s. Did I mention I'm going to see Morrissey in LA? Plus we'll be flying over the Grand Canyon, watching polar bears plunge, tasting wine and crusing down Highway 1, the air conditioning in our hair.

See y'all later.