MarkCity

Sunday, April 04, 2004
 
My boasts a fortnight ago that I'd finished Sayonara Baby have turned out to be somewhat premature. The day my friend LV was supposed to show it to her agent, I had a last-minute panic and told her to hold fire. This is because it has a major flaw which I'd been trying to ignore... Anyway, it needs major surgery, which I've embarked upon, and I'm confident it's going to be a lot better. I did send her the outline, which she proclaimed "Rather good!" and she still wants to see it when it's finished. So...I'm working flat out to get the flaming thing done.

Update on Killing Cupid - we still don't know what the Beeb are doing. Or whether they're doing anything at all. We will aparently hear more this month. It's a year since I went out with the director and writer and nothing has happened since then. Aspiring writers beware - you need to be very, very patient.

Of course, all this means that MarkCity will be neglected again over the coming weeks. Especially as we're off to Cali on the 13th. I will, however, be keeping a journal out there (I hope!) so you'll have lots to read when I return.

Commiserations to my Arsenal-supporting readers. I enjoyed yesterday's FA Cup semi-final very much, especially when Henry blasted the ball about 50 metres over the bar. Well, he's talented, rich and gorgeous (er, according to Butter and every other girl I know) so it's nice to know he's not 100% perfect 100% of the time.