MarkCity

Sunday, July 13, 2003
 
A quick catch-up as I've been inexcusably slack this week. Although it's not really inexcusable - I have been busy, and not just watching Big Brother. However, while we're on the subject of the greatest show on earth, I just want to say two things:

Jon Tickle's back! Woo-hoo!; and

Despite a start that tested even the most devoted BB nut, this series has turned into a classic. The Scott-Nush thing is almost as exciting as the Paul-Helen romance. But we've only for 2 weeks to go. What am I going to do after that!?

I went to the Groucho again the other night. Celeb spot: Stephen Fry, again; one of those psychologist women from BB (exciting for me); and Ricky Gervais from The Office, smoking a fat cigar in Dean Street. I also bumped into an old friend, Salena, who I've mentioned on here before. It was weird, knowing two people at the Groucho. Made me feel dead popular!

Butter and I have spent the weekend planning. No, don't get excited. Not marriage and definitely not a baby. But we might be hearing the patter of tiny feet soon as we want to get some rats. (I hope my landlord never stumbles across this site.) I will, of course, update you. We're also planning our holiday for next year: we want to do a road trip around California. It will, of course, be hugely expensive, so there's going to be a lot of penny pinching over the next few months.

I've come up with a title for my novel: SAYONARA BABY. This was after everyone told me that Love in the Time of Karaoke, my original title, was crap. I've spent the last few weekends knocking the first 35,000 words into shape, because it was a total mess - loads of scenes in the wrong order, characters not connecting properly. It's almost sorted out now, but I've still got masses to write.