MarkCity

Sunday, May 25, 2003
 
The tyranny of the blog: I have roughly a squillion things to do (our flat still looks as it does in the picture below) but still feel I need to keep this site up-to-date. Before I start, if anyone has found this blog to be slower or more difficult to access recently, let me know.

Friday night I got to do one of my favourite things: karaoke. But karaoke in England is rubbish compared to Japan - fewer songs to choose from, having to stand on a stage, being at the hands of a DJ scrabbling to find the relevant CDs - and it made me feel terribly nostalgic. Sigh. The worst thing was that the choice of songs was so poor. I did 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet and 'Reach' by S Club (quality songs, no?) but I didn't know how the verses went. So I had to kind of make up the tunes, squirming until the chorus arrived. Luckily, the choruses kicked arse.

I'm sure I could have done better than last night's British Eurovision entrant. Nil points? And Tatu only came third, which is a travesty. Actually, I didn't watch it because I was in the pub. And my karaoke evening meant I missed the Big Brother launch show. I'm very much looking forward to becoming addicted to it again though.

Must go - like, I said, I'm very busy. I need to watch Butter put the bookcases together.