MarkCity

Thursday, April 03, 2003
 
There's a letter in today's Guardian from a Mr Turner who is rather fed up with the newspaper's "obsession with blogging."

Every time I open the Guardian or check the online site, I am continually reminded of the fact that there are people with nothing better to do than tell the world what they had for breakfast.

Well, Mr Turner, this morning I had two slices of toast (brown bread) with honey and a mug of coffee, with milk and one sugar.

After last week's unseasonable sunniness, it's felt far more English this week, the sky a palette of greys. The gloom was brightened by last night's Sven-sational (yeah, it's an oldie, but a goodie) victory over Turkey. The press pack were starting to gather around Sven like wolves, hungry for blood, trying to think up puns to rival the all-time great - Swedes 2 Turnips 0 - when Graham Taylor was boss. Turkey 2 Turkeys 0? But, of course, The Sun were able to drag out that old favourite: We Stuff Turkey.

I've just taken an online psychometric test, to ascertain my personality type and find out what kind of job I'm suitable for. The results, I'm afraid, are confidential, but if you want to take the test yourself, click here.