MarkCity

Tuesday, April 01, 2003
 

Oh, what a night!

Today's Japan Times carries the story that David Beckham is going to play in the J-League next season. So is Becks that fed up with Sir Alex, knowing that a Japanese coach is likely to be too busy fawning over him to chuck a boot at his head? Does Victoria want to live in a country where Louis Vuitton will never go out of fashion? Do they want to put Brooklyn and Romeo through the wonderful Japanese education system? No, of course not. It's an April Fool.

I received the following email this morning:

My boyfriend is thinking of teaching English in Japan and wants me to go with him. I have a dog that is very well behaved and sweet. Would it be reasonable to take her with me? Love Geri Halliwell.

OK - it wasn't really from Geri. I have to say, I'm not au fait with the pooch accommodation situation in Japan, but I would imagine it would be quite hard to find a landlord to take in a foreign dog, no matter how well behaved and sweet. Most of them won't even take in foreign people.

I'm quite enjoying my role as England's resident Japan expert, with people emailing me all sorts of difficult questions. Why stick to questions about Japan? Ask me a question - no matter how random - and I'll do my best to answer. My areas of expertise include eighties pop music, the life and times of Brett Anderson, Gloomy Bear, Nottingham Forest 1980-1990, modern literature (esp. anything set in New York) and lurve. To ask me a question, just click here: Dear MarkCity.