MarkCity

Saturday, April 12, 2003
 

Girl and boys: the Britpop love triangle

There's a really interesting article in today's Guardian about the love triangle between Suede's Brett, Elastica's Justine and Damon from Blur and Gorillaz. It confirms many of my suspicions that Damon is a nasty piece of work. The article doesn't mention the juicy pop fact that Brett wrote 'Animal Lover' about Justine after she came home with scratches all over her body - scratches inflicted by Damon.

I've finally got into my novel - the characters are developing and I have a good idea of where I want it to go now. And I wrote a bit today that made me laugh aloud, which is always a good sign. Whether anyone else will find it funny is something else entirely. It depends on how funny you find talking cockroaches. Broke the 10,000 word barrier today. Only about 90,000 to go! I'm debating whether to post an extract on here.

We had an email from the Buttermother this morning, recommending this site: Booksurfer: "Hitherto, I had thought that blogs were not really for serious, thinking people," - ouch! - "But this one is quite good!"