MarkCity

Saturday, March 15, 2003
 

Shock horror

There's an unbelievable picture of Christina Aguilera in this week's Heat magazine, in which she's showing... well, you'll have to buy the magazine to find out. But I must warn you, it's not for people with weak stomachs.

I can feel myself becoming immersed in British pop trash culture again - reality TV, gossip magazines, charity telethons. It was Comic Relief yesterday (for non-British readers, Comic Relief, also known as Red Nose Day, is an annual charity-fest in which lots of comedians appeal for money in aid of poor folk and feel smug and self-satisfied about it, and benefit from the free publicity, of course). In the Tunbridge Wells pub we went to last night, they were charging people an extra 20 pence for beer with red food dye in it. I paid the extra but refused the red beer. Then I worried that everyone would think I was a tight, uncharitable git who'd refused to pay the extra.

I've updated the About Me page. Of course, it will need to be updated again soon, when I get through this transitional phase and find a job. Got another interview this week, in London again.

Placebo have just been on TV - they're new single is a pulsating, relentless slice of classic Placebo (ie, it sounds like all their other singles). It's great. And you couldn't see Brian Molko's bald patch at all.