MarkCity

Saturday, March 22, 2003
 


It's a sad state of affairs when your mother goes out drinking and you're stuck at home watching The Bourne Identity on video (verdict: a bit yawnsome). But that's what life's like when you're on the dole. Um, except I'm not actually on the dole. My income is currently zero. I didn't get either of the jobs I've had interviews for, due to an oversight on my part: I neglected to nobble the competition. Oh well, next time... Actually, I have another interview this Monday. Third time lucky?



I think Butter and I are beginning to know what it must have been like in the old days, because we're learning to make our own entertainment. This mainly involves going for long walks in the sunshine, taking photos and trying to find the biscuit barrel, which we keep having to hide to stop ourselves turning into fat pigs. Oops - as I wrote that last sentence, Butter found the Dairy Milk chocolate and consumed a large chunk.

If I hear the words 'shock and awe' one more time I'm going to scream. Today's Mirror had a good headline, though: Shocking and Awful. It's bizarre the way Mirror editor Piers Morgan has gone from being a Sun gossip columnist to a raving pinko peacenik.



I bought this T-shirt just before I came back to England. Cool, isn't she? The writing at the bottom appears to be a garbled mixture of Italian and German. See more on Graniph's website.