MarkCity

Thursday, January 23, 2003
 
MarkCity just keeps on growing! I've just added another article, about life as a supposed Harry Potter lookalike, with a brief look at Anglophilia in Japan:

JK Rowling Ruined My Life

If anyone can think of any magazines/papers/websites who might be interested in this article, or any of the others on this site, let me know. I might have found a magazine for the Veggie article - we'll see...

Japanese TV has just started showing my all-time favourite programme, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so I finally have something to watch. Saw Goldmember last night, a lot of which is set in Tokyo. I think for the rest of my life, anything remotely connected to Japan will interest me, no matter how stupid. I spend half my life here talking about England (today, for the thousandth time, I tried to explain the difference between England, Britain and the UK; most Japanese people are baffled by the fact that we have four football teams and one Olympics team; actually, it baffles me, too). I suspect that when I come back to the UK I'll spend half the time talking about Japan and become a huge bore. I apologise in advance.